Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Being blessed

Out of the fog becomes something so wonderful. I watched my baby today breeze through nap time without the screaming and yelling that normally follows him. It wasn't all it can be yet, but one day at a time, right? He is transforming into such a little man. With his funny thoughts and his intensity about life. He is an example of God's greatness. When I watch him some days, I feel God right next to me. I am so undeserving, yet eternally grateful for him.

I spend my days so consumed with craziness. The Christmas wish list of our boys, the bills that need to make the cut this month, the beeping of the smoke detector that just won't quit and then in all of it, when did I remember that in all things big and small, they aren't that bad. Someone has it far worse than I ever will. Someone tonight is cold, someone tonight is hungry, and I complain over a dinner that is not the best one in my menu planning. I know we should think about others and their needs more. I give to the food bank when ordering my pampered chef and give my extra change at Dollar General when checking out, but do those few dollars really matter. I feel so greedy and ungrateful. I never say out loud how truly blessed I am. I have a 10 year old Jeep that has lots of miles on it, but yet I am grateful because it's what I have and it's been good to us. I have a home that without the love of 2 wonderful parents would not have been possible for us to even imagine at this point in our lives. I have a husband and 2 kids who are the reason I live, and I am blessed.

God, in this time of thanksgiving and rejoicing, I thank you for even the smallest things. You are never changing and always giving. Thank you for your blessings. Lord, in our times of what seems like famine, we have never gone without. You have kept my lights on and the roof over our heads. Bless those Lord who may not have what they need tonight. Give me a heart that wants to serve you by serving others. Amen.

No comments: