Sunday, October 21, 2007

Faith

This was a whirl wind weekend as always. We had Ike for3 days, but it goes by way to fast. Have you ever tried going over a 2nd grade spelling list with and almost 8 year old?? You should it test patience and humor. On our way home from the 2 1/2 hour drive, Axton found out that rolling the window down was a fun game to play. What struck me was his attempt to "catch" the wind. He tried his hardest and thought it was the greatest game he had ever played. He would say "I got cha" and put his arms together as though he had "caught" it. As simple as that sounds, it caught my attention. That's a piece of God and even though I can't see him, he's there in that gust of wind. Such a simple thought, yet so profound to me. My 2 year old never once thought he was teaching mommy something, but as always he did.

Axton has faith of a child. He has no idea that we may not have all the money in the world to buy all his "wants" or wishes, but he still has faith that I will. Ike has big dreams for Christmas and has faith that I won't let him down.. well um Santa won't since you know I work for him now as well..LOL To be that small again and to just have that never fearing faith. They have no idea about stress or worry yet and as a mother I pray they never will. I want to trust God that innocently. Just like we did as a child. Since getting older, I have become so overcome with stress and worry, that I forget to just have faith. God promised me that he would never give me more than I alone could bare, and yet I doubt? Why? I want that never doubting, always accepting, kind of faith! You know the one where you believe that if you have faith, that you can catch the wind.

God, grant me the ability to accept the things I can not change. I pray for faith as a child tonight. God, you have never let me down and we have never gone without. You are a faithful and on time God. You see what we will face before we have. Help me to face my day with the kind of faith my children have taught me. You know the one God, the one where I can catch the wind. That kind of faith! Thank you for the blessings in my life. Amen..

Until then...
Sharon

No comments: