Saturday, October 20, 2007

Time

Today I noticed that the clock seems to be going faster everyday. I know it never stops, but don't you wish it would wait for you to catch up with it? There are not enough hours in my day. The laundry seems to be growing in abundance, the kitchen counters even seem to call out to me that they need to be cleaned, the whole house needs to be vacuumed and somewhere in there, I must sleep. I'm not sure where my day goes. I get up on time, I get ready in plenty of time, but yet I always manage to forget something of importance. Today it was my sunglasses. Minimal by far in comparison to what it could have been, but the sun was beaming today. I think becoming a parent you loose small pieces of who you were. Not that you just loose all your self worth, but since taking care of another life, the things you were so good at once before, seem to start lagging. I have always been in my husband's own words, an "elephant".. Wasn't sure how to take that either were you? He assures me that it means I never forget anything. I used to not, but now I slip from time to time. To the amazement of my kids, I can't do all superwoman's work for her. She's got to make a buck on her own sometimes! I remember the important things, but maybe that's it. The things I forget, weren't all that important anyway were they? Maybe I spend so much time taking in useless knowledge that I am overwhelmed.

There won't ever be 25 hours in a day and more sunlight because I just remembered it's 9 o'clock and I need to mow the grass, but... In those 24 hours a day God has granted us, I will do the task that I can. The other's must not have ranked on the importance list and will wait until tomorrow. As long as I have looked at my 2 1/2 year old and laughed at his funny thought or picked him up when he says "Hold you me mommy". As long as I have told my husband that I love him and as long as in my day if I haven't spoken to Ike, my mind goes to him at least 12 times a day, I have done the important task.

God grant me the ability to find you in the craziness I call my life. Lord, when I feel overwhelmed with the "list" I have made for myself, help me to do the things you want me to do. Help me to always put you first and never be too busy for the 3 men in my life who count on me. God, I want to be the best at everything I do, but not because I am selfish, but because I want to live my life as an example of you. Be the constent in my world. Thank you for being my provider and the reason I live. Amen...

Until then...

Sharon

No comments: